Saturday, August 9, 2014

Maiden visit to Delhi

It was second time I was in India, and this time I was fortunate enough to visit Delhi, cultural and political capital of India, while enroute to Tirupati, India. The date was Monday, July 28 when Air India jet landed in Indira Gandhi International Airport.  Generally Delhi is very hot in summer ranging sometime  to 50 Degree celsius.  In contrast to congested airport of Kathmandu, delhi airport was capacious and very well maintained.  While I checked out of delhi Airport the temperature was almost double than that of Kathmandu, 44 degree celsius. Thanks to my maternal uncle who had come to pick me up.

The journey from Delhi to Gurgoan was 30 minutes car ride. Just outside the vicinity of the airport I could see skyscrapers rocketing tall into the sky. It was a real fun with the speed of the car ranging up to 130KPH, which ofcourse is difficult to enjoy in Kathmandu, provided small roads and poor traffic rules along the highways.

My flight to delhi was in late afternoon of July 28, Monday, so I hadn't had much into my to-do-list. The evening was utilized to take rest and to have a nice family time with my maternal family in Gurgoan.

Chadani Chowk:
with my aunt in Chadani Chowk
The second day of  delhi visit was exciting me as we had planned to visit various landmarks of the capital city. We began the journey with Metro ride from Hunda City station towards Chadani Chowk. In contrast to the old and wrecked railways of Mumbai and other parts of India, I found Delhi metro very well managed and cheaper also. We reached to Chadani Chowk in about twenty minutes of boarding the train.

To talk about Chadani Chowk, it is one of the oldest and busiest market of entire India. Established on 17th century by the Mughal emperor of India Shah Jahan, Chadani Chowk offers varieties of goodies of day-to-day usage. We checked out the lane where clothes, fast-food items, and jewelleries. I found the market congested and unmanaged. However I found that the market offered wide varieties of goods at a cheaper prices.



Jamey Masjid:
Jamey Masjid during eid
It was day of eid ( Muslim's greatest festival) that I was visiting Jamey Masjid. I found the masjid very spacious than that of one in Kathmandu. As the people visiting the Masjid for religious purpose was very large in number, we skipped to enter inside the Masjid. However we could find lots of muslim pilgrims wandering in and around the masjid with beautiful dresses( most of them being typical to muslim dresses) and in celebration mood.





Red Fort:
Red fort is another greatest monument in New Delhi which is said to be built by Shah Jahan, on the banks of Yamuna River, and was used by the Mughal emperors as place of residence and the political center of their empire. As we were supposed to check-in  the Red fort, we saw line of thousand of people waiting in queue to visit the fort. The traffic was high basically because of Musilm's greatest festival on the same day. We clicked some photos of the fort from outside the premises and headed-off towards India Gate.



India Gate:
We hired an auto-rickshaw,  which took us about 13 minutes to reach India gate. I had seen India gate many times in Hindi movies and in Indian news channel. The gate is a memorial to some 70,000 Indian soldiers who died in World War I. The war memorial stood up like that of Mumbai Gate in Bombay. I could find lots of people wandering around this monument and passing time. Most of people were visitors like me we were relaxing in the lush-green garden  in the premises of India gate.  After having some snacks and clicking some photos there, we marched towards Gurgoan via the metros.







Delhi Metros:
Just like when you are in Mumbai, you should not miss hanging around in Autos, while in Delhi, you should not miss using delhi metros. Delhi metros started operation since 2003 AD and serves 2.4 million people on daily basis as of 2014. While the metros are advanced and well managed based on security and system, one thing that makes delhi metro unique is the large number of people using the metro and their behavior. Well if you get a seat in delhi metro, you should consider yourself lucky for that particular day. And on top of that, to check-in and check-out of delhi metro is very difficult and is similar like winning a battle ( :D ). But if you get a seat in the metro, you can save yourself from the heat of Delhi, at least for a while. Well, for me, I enjoyed the ride in the metro for three days be it short ride or as long stretching from Huda city center to Greater Noida.




















Well these well all the places that I managed to visit during my short stay in Delhi this summer. I had a flight to Tirupati on 31st of July where I was going to join college for MBA. Inspite of my short period of stay, I enjoyed Delhi. Still in my to-visit list in Delhi are some famous tourist attractions like: Qutu minar, Lotus temple, Aaakshar Dham Rastapati bhawan etc.

So, Delhi ! See you next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Publication

वित्तीय क्षेत्रको विकास तथा वित्तीय समावेशीता

                                                                                                                                            ...